Smoked Thick Bacon Burger
We did use our alder pellets for this. These are a good choice if you don't want a real strong smoke flavor on your burgers. If you are going for that strong smoke flavor, our hickory or apple would be a great choice.
1. Turn your Pellet Grill & Smoker to 220. While it is heating up, follow the steps below.
2. Pan fry the bacon until it starts to get crispy. Then place it on a plate with a paper towel to help soak some of the bacon grease and let it cool.
3. Place ground beef and bacon in a large mixing bowl and mix the bacon in by hand.
4. Form 8, 1/2 pound burger patties
5. Pour rub in to a cookie sheet or baking pan and evenly coat the burgers with the rub. If you are using salt and pepper, don't be afraid to go heavy.
6. Now that your patties are formed and the Pellet Grill & Smoker is to temp, place the patties on the grill.
7. Let the patties cook for 25-30 minutes than go out and turn them over. After turning the patties over, place the meat probe in the thickest burger.
8. For ground beef, USDA recommend cooking temperature is 160 degrees. Once the probe temperature hits 160, pull the burgers, plate, and enjoy
Say hello to the Smoked Thick Bacon Burger. It’s as good as it sounds and looks. The best part is that there really isn’t a lot to this burger.