Thin Crust Pizza with Clams in White Sauce
Thin and hand-tossed crust topped with white sauce and freshly-shucked clams, drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with garlic, fresh oregano and just-grated Romano cheese.
- 6-8 ounces dough ball (See Camp Chef Recipe*)
- 8 ounces chopped clam meat, fresh or canned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Kosher salt
Preheat Artisan Pizza Oven Accessory to 650-700 degrees F.
Flour pizza peel and stretch dough ball into 12-14 inch thin round. Drizzle olive oil over dough. Sprinkle kosher salt and garlic over dough and oil.
Next add cheese, red pepper, clams and oregano.
Cook in artisan pizza oven at 650-700 degrees F., turning often.