Spooky Good Chorizo Bean Dip
Creamy Chorizo Bean Dip is snap to prepare but delivers delicious flavors! Full of chorizo, beans and cheese, then served with homemade ghost and bat tortilla chips for dipping. It's perfect for all those spooky parties!
- For the Chorizo Bean Dip:
- 2 - 10 ounce packages of beef or pork chorizo
- 1 - 2 jalapeño peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
- 6 - 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 - 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 15 ounce can chili with beans
- 2 - 10 ounce cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1 bag(around 8 ounces) blue corn tortilla chips, finely crushed
- For the Homemade Tortilla Chips:
- Flour tortillas
- Halloween cookie cutters
- Cooking spray
- Salt to taste
For the Chorizo Bean Dip:
Preheat Pellet Grill to 350 degrees F.
In a 12" cast iron skillet, cook chorizo for 5-8 minutes or until browned. Drain excess grease.
Add onions and jalapeños and cook until fragrant and tender.
Add cream cheese and refried beans and stir until warm, melted and combined.
Stir in Rotel and chili. Cook for 4 minutes. Add 1/2 of the cheese and stir. Top with remaining cheese and place in pellet grill until cheese is melted and dip is warm.
Top with crushed tortilla chips and serve with homemade Halloween tortilla chips.
For the Homemade Tortilla Chips:
Using Halloween cookie cutters, cut out shapes in the flour tortillas. Place onto a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
Bake in pellet grill on top rack for 5 minutes or until crispy.
Sprinkle with salt right out of the pellet grill.