Sharp White Cheddar Cheese Dip
Get ready to dip or top anything with this white cheddar cheese dip! A blend of cheeses and peppers are cooked to creaminess. Dip some fresh veggies, bread, chips for a game day appetizer or put on top of sandwiches, nachos or tacos. The possibilities are endless!
- 16 ounces extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 Serrano peppers, minced
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or evaporated milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3-1/2 cup white wine
In a 10-inch Dutch oven over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add shallot, jalapeño and Serrano peppers until soft. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Mix cornstarch with a little water to make a paste and incorporate it into the pepper mixture. Add white wine and cook until some of the harshness has cooked out.
Add the cream cheese and stir until smooth.
Reduce heat to low and slowly incorporate the cheeses. Once the cheese has melted, the dip is done.