Pork Belly Baked Beans
Adding chunks of pork belly to BBQ baked beans upgrades it to a meal-in-a-bowl. Simply serve with shredded cheese and crusty bread for a complete meal. Don't forget to top with extra pork belly for the ultimate comfort food.
Get Smoke Pork Belly recipe: https://www.campchef.com/recipes/smoked-pork-belly/.
- SEE PORK BELLY RECIPE »
- 1 cup chicken broth (more if needed)
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups smoked pork belly, diced
- Garnish with 1 inch cubed and seared pork belly
Preheat Dutch oven to medium-high heat.
Render the diced pork belly until crisp. Add onions and cook until tender. Add red peppers and jalapeños and cook until soft, add garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Add mustard powder, Worchestershire sauce, molasses and honey. Add chicken stock then stir to combine. Add beans and simmer on low for an hour stirring occasionally.
Ladle into bowl and top with cubed crispy seared pork belly.