A super quick and easy lemon and dill trout smoked in the pellet grill. Nice, light, fresh and tasty!
- 6 trout fillets, skin on
- For the compound butter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, divided (1 Tablespoon chopped, 1 Tablespoon whole for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1 lemon, (Use 1/2 of lemon for juice and zest and the other 1/2 for garnish)
Mix all ingredients for compound butter.
Preheat pellet grill on low smoke.
Completely smother meat side of trout with compound butter . Place trout skin side down in grill, smoke until internal temperature reaches 105 degrees F.
Turn grill up to high (400 degrees F.). Leave trout skin side down, do not turn over. Finish grilling trout until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. It will raise to safe temperature of 145 degrees F. while resting.
Serve immediately with fresh dill and a lemon wedge.