This grilled guacamole recipe is going to be your new favorite dip or topping. Grilling the avocados gives the guacamole a smoky and unforgettable taste.
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil along with olive oil to coat avocado before grilling
- Kosher salt to taste
In a bowl, add onions, tomato, jalapeño, lime juice and olive oil. Let sit for a minimum of 15 minutes to meld the flavors or use your favorite pico de gallo.
Preheat pellet grill or grill to 400 degrees F. or higher.
Coat avocado with olive oil. place avocados flesh side down on grill until slightly charred, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Mix grilled avocados to the bowl of vegetables and smash with a fork.
Note: The avocados will dry out a little from grilling. You may need to add more oil to get the consistency you're looking for.