- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
Fire Roasted Crunch Top Apple Pie
Make new memories of home cooked food with this recipe for pie baked in the pellet grill.
- Dough for a double crust 9-inch pie (homemade, frozen, or refrigerated)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, chopped cooking apples
- 1 (16-ounce) jar applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter, chopped into small pieces
- Crunch Topping
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter, at room temperature
Preheat pellet grill to 400°F.
Line a 9-inch pie pan with half of dough. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Stir in apples, applesauce, and lemon juice.
Spoon apple mixture into pie pan and dot with butter.
Cut remaining crust into strips; arrange in a lattice design over top of pie.
For crunch topping, combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Using a fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle over top of crust. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and continue to bake for about 45 minutes, or until crust and topping are golden brown.
*Watch HeyKayli cook this recipe on her pellet grill starting at the 2:30 mark.