BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza
Re-purpose leftover BBQ pulled pork to make a delicious BBQ pulled pork pizza topped with some of my favorite things like BBQ sauce, fresh pineapple, and jalapeños! Along with the usual onions and lots of melty cheese, this pulled pork pizza recipe is the perfect way to use leftover pulled pork!
- 1 homemade or store bought dough ball (*see recipe link below for homemade)
- 2 cups leftover pulled pork (**see recipe link below)
- ***1/2-1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into chucks
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños or pickled jalapeños, sliced
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ***For the BBQ sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups sweet BBQ sauce
- 2/3 cups apple butter
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 1 Tablespoon of adobo sauce
For the BBQ sauce:
Blend ingredients together in a blender or food processor. You can add more peppers or adobo sauce if you like more heat. Set aside.
Preheat Artisan pizza oven accessory on high.
Prepare a pizza peel with flour and stretch a dough ball out to a 12-14-inch circle, using your hands. Place on the pizza peel and top with a thin layer of BBQ sauce, 1/2 the shredded cheese, pulled pork, pineapple, onions and jalapeños. Top with remaining cheese.
Shake your pizza peel quickly back and forth to make sure your pizza is loose and moving. If it isn’t moving you will need to carefully put a bit of flour around the edges and continue shaking it and stretching the edges a bit to get it loose.
Slide pizza off of pizza peel into the pizza oven and bake pizza for 12-15 minutes or until dough starts to brown. Pizza oven should be baked between 400-500 degrees F.