Apple Bacon Hot Dog
Cheddar, bacon, chicken, apple hot dogs with spicy mustard sauce will become a hot dog you crave! A perfect balance of savory and sweet!
- 6-8 hot dogs
- 6-8 hot dog buns
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- For the Relish:
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 Granny Smith apples, diced and peeled
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock plus more if needed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sriracha, or more to taste
In a skillet render bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 4 tablespoons for bacon crumble topping. Remove most the bacon grease and add the onions. Season onions with salt, pepper and cayenne. Saute onions until soft, and add apples. Continue cooking until apples until softened. Add chicken stock and apple cider and stir to combine. Let simmer until they reach desired consistency adding more stock as needed.
Grill your hot dogs and hot dog buns. Add the cheese to the buns and let cheese melt. Assemble hot dogs with relish and sauce then top with bacon crumbles.