Shrimp Tostada Bites
These bite sized shrimp tostada bites will be the first thing to disappear at your next party. Grilled shrimp topped with creamy cheese sauce and grilled salsa verde. All the flavors combined equal one amazing bite!
- For the Corn Tortilla Triangles:
- Corn tortillas, cut quartered, into triangles (Store bought or see homemade recipe, link below)
- Peanut oil for frying
- For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound raw shrimp, deveined, shelled and tails off, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 white onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 half jalapeño, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt to taste
- For the Salsa Verde:
- 6 tomatillos, husked
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 1 pasilla pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Additional Toppings:
- See link below for Sharp White Cheddar Cheese Dip
- Pico de gallo or your favorite salsa
Preheat Flat Top Grill on medium heat.
Place salsa verde ingredients on preheated grill except for lime and salt. Cook until the skin on the vegetables is blistered. If making homemade corn tortillas, this is a great time to get those started.
Once vegetables have blistered, place in food processor or blender until smooth. Add juice from lime and salt and stir to incorporate.
Make Sharp White Cheddar Cheese Dip in flat bottom Dutch oven. Heat on Flat Top Grill. Add pico de gallo to the cheese dip.
While cheese dip is warming up, on the other side of the flat top grill, lightly add oil, cook white onion until translucent, then add scallions and jalapeño.
Dip tortilla triangles in peanut oil one at a time. Shake off excess oil and place on griddle.
While tortillas are frying, add shrimp to onions and jalapeño, cook until shrimp turns pink (don't overcook). Add salt to taste.
Place shrimp on tortilla, pour cheese over shrimp, top with salsa verde and cilantro.