Butter Basted Ribeye with Cornhuskers Sauce
Thick cut ribeye steaks served with cornhuskers sauce. This recipe uses a reverse sear method to ensure juicy, perfectly cooked beef.
- For the Steaks:
- 2 thick cut Ribeye steaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- For the Cornhuskers Sauce:
- 1 - 10.75 oz can of condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 white sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 ears of corn on the cob, smoked and seared, kernels removed from cob
- 2 serrano peppers, tops removed and seeded
For the Cornhuskers Sauce:
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. For best flavor refrigerate overnight. Adjust seasoning as needed.
For the Ribeye Steaks:
Preheat pellet grill to high smoke.
Wash and pat dry steaks. Then season them with salt and pepper to taste. Don't be afraid to add more salt than you think is necessary.
Place steaks on pellet grill and smoke until internal temperature is about 20 degrees F. under desired finish temperature. When steaks get close to temperature on the pellet grill, preheat sidekick or cast iron skillet to high heat.
Melt butter in skillet, add rosemary and garlic. Place each steak on skillet for about 30-60 seconds, infusing the steak with the butter and rosemary. Then turn the steaks and repeat the process. Use a meat probe thermometer to sear to the desired temperature.