Bacon, Cheddar and Jalapeño Corn Dogs
Homemade corn dogs hand-dipped in an amazing batter made with bacon, cheddar, and jalapeños and fried until crispy. Dunked in a smoky, spicy chipotle mayo. They're super easy to make and are perfect for a fun dinner or lunch!
- For the Corn Dogs:
- 8-10 hot dogs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 8-10 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8-10 short skewers
- Canola or peanut oil for frying
- For the Spicy Chipotle Mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 2 Tablespoons of adobo sauce (Depending on how much heat you want)
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 lime, juiced
For the Spicy Chipotle Mayo:
In a blender or food processor mix all ingredients together. Let chill in refrigerator until corn dogs are done.
For the Corn Dogs:
In aluminum fry pot, heat oil on medium heat to 350 degrees F.
Mix all the batter ingredients, including the jalapeño, cheddar and bacon.
Stick skewers through the hot dogs. Dust the dogs with flour. It will make the batter stick better.
Add the batter to a tall cup. Insert the hotdogs into the batter and use a spoon to pour the batter over the top.
Add the corn dogs to the heated oil and fry about 3-5 minutes or until the batter is no longer raw and golden brown.
Remove corndogs from hot oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with chipotle mayo dipping sauce.