- Yield: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Tuscan Engagement Chicken
Sweep your Valentine off their feet with this quick and delicious chicken dinner for two.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 5 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 5 Tablespoons garlic, divided
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach
1. Preheat pellet grill to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, mozzarella, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and 2 teaspoons garlic. Set aside.
3. Starting on the thinnest side, butterfly the breast by slicing it lengthwise almost in half. Open the breast up to create a single flat cutlet.
4. With the cutlet between sheets of plastic wrap, pound the thick areas until even.
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture on chicken and fold back over. Secure with toothpicks. Pour 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet and set the chicken on top of oil. Drizzle the remaining oil on both sides of the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in pellet grill for 30-40 minutes (flip the chicken over halfway through and remove toothpicks) or until reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
6. In the same cast iron skillet, melt butter on medium/high heat. Add flour and 1 tablespoon garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add cream, broth, and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Cook until starts to thicken. Stir in cheese. Add spinach and 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes and cook until spinach wilts. Remove from heat. Add cooked chicken back into skillet.