- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
This unique burger recipe kicks it up a notch with pickled jalapeños, cilantro, and queso fresco. It's perfect for backyard barbecues, tailgating, family dinner, and more.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Camp Chef Mango Chipotle Seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- Ingredients for jalapeño aioli
- Diced pickled jalapeños to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Ingredients for toppings
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tomatillos (peeled) or tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup Queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- Fresh jalapeños, diced, to taste (optional)
Mix ingredients for jalapeño aioli. Set aside.
Mix ground beef with the garlic salt and chipotle powder. Form into 8 patties. Press the centers of the patties down so that the burgers don’t get to thick in the middle when you grill them. Season each side with salt and pepper.
Preheat grill to medium/high heat. Grill patties on each side for 2-3 minutes for medium rare, 3-4 minutes for medium and 5-6 minutes for well done.
Prepare toppings while burgers are grilling. Grill each bun until grill marks appear.
Build burger: Bun, jalapeño aioli, shredded lettuce, hamburger, queso
fresco, jalapeño, cilantro, onions, tomatillo or tomato, more jalapeño aioli
and top bun.