Spiced Cranberry Apple Chutney
- Package fresh cranberries - 1 10 oz bag
- Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Apple cider syrup - 1/2 cup
- Fresno pepper, seeded and chopped - 1
- Apple Cider Syrup
- Apple juice or cider - 2 liters
- Pickling spice - 1 Tablespoon
- Cinnamon sticks - 2
- Jalapeno, cut in half - 1
Boil water and sugar, add syrup, cranberries and peppers. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until desired thickness.
For the apple cider syrup:
Put apple juice and spices into a sauce pan, if using jalapeño, cut in half and add. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat until reduced by half. Strain the liquid through mesh strainer, this will prevent the spices from burning and making your syrup bitter. Pour the liquid back into the sauce pan and simmer until syrup consistency. Apple syrup will thicken more as it cools. This may take several hours to reduce.