Carolina BBQ Sauce
Forget your standard BBQ sauce and whip up a batch of this easy to make, spicy and savory sauce. It will be the best mustard based barbecue sauce you will ever have. This sauce is great on chicken and pulled pork.
- Yellow mustard - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- Chili powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Black pepper - 2 teaspoons
- Kosher salt - 2 teapsoons
- Cayenne pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Worchestershire sauce - 2 teaspoons
- Butter, melted - 2 Tablespoons
- Liquid smoke - 1 Tablespoon
- Dijon mustard - 1/2 cup
- Chipotle in adobo sauce, diced - 1 Tablespoon
- Ketchup - 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic powder - 1 teaspoon
Combine all ingredients except butter and liquid smoke in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
Stir in butter and liquid smoke and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Can be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to a month.