Beer Brats with Rum Sauce
Meaty links gently simmered in a pan of beer and onions. Topped with delicious rum sauce, then finished up on the grill.
- For the Bratwursts:
- Bratwursts - 6-8
- Onion, sliced - 1
- Beer - 36 oz
- For the Rum Sauce:
- 14 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes, drained - 1
- Tomato sauce - 1 cup
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Rum - 3 Tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 Tablespoon
- Worcestershire - 2 Tablespoons
- Horseradish - 1 Tablespoon
- Camp Chef Kickin' BBQ Rub - 2 Tablespoons
- Ground all spice seasoning - 1 pinch
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Rum Sauce:
Cook onions in rum, add more rum is needed, until onions are transparent. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
For the Brats:
Smoke brats on low smoke setting (175-195 temp) until the internal temp reaches 150 degrees, appox. 1 ½ hours
Heat a pan of beer and sliced onions to 175-185 degrees.
Add smoked brauts to beer and hold until ready to grill. Grill on sear box on high heat and serve with rum sauce, sauerkraut, mustard, jalapenos, or whatever else is a favorite topping.