Al Pastor Tacos
Tender pork roast with pineapple, onion, and chipotle chiles to make delicious, easy tacos al pastor.
- Pork loin, 1/4 inch slices - 3 lbs
- Dried New Mexico chilis - 5-6
- Chipotle in adobo sauce - 1-7 oz can
- White onion, chopped - 1/2
- Fresh pineapple, quartered and divided - 1
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
- Achiote powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the marinade:
Remove stems and see from diced chilis. Place in sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add chipotle and adobo sauce, onions, achiote powder and 1 quarter of the chopped pineapple. Simmer for 3o minutes and blend.
Salt and pepper pork and cover in marinade. Marinade for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
Grill pork and the rest of the pineapple. Pork will be done until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Thinly slice the pork and serve with grilled pineapple and warmed corn tortillas.