Bring more versatility and flavor to your back patio with the new Camp Chef SmokePro 36 SGX - Bronze. Switch seamlessly between traditional low and slow smoking and Direct Flame wood-fired grilling to achieve two delicious flavor profiles all on one grill. Whether you are craving flame-kissed burgers or tender slow cooked prime rib, the new Slide and Grill Technology allows you to achieve the flavors you want easier than ever before.
- Electronic auto-start ignition
- Dual LED temperature readout: internal cooking temps and internal food temps
- Simple temperature selection system
- Automatic auger dispenses pellets as needed for improved smoker efficiency
- Included warming rack provides additional space to cook your favorite foods
- Includes 2 meat probes
- Pellet hopper cleanout
- Large capacity pellet hopper
- Patented Ash Cleanout System
- Grilling Area Volume: 4,675 cub. in
- Lower Rack Area: 663 sq. in
- Upper Rack Area: 211 sq. in
- Total Rack Surface Area: 874 sq. in
- Hopper Capacity: 18 lbs. of pellets
SmokePro 36 SGX - Bronze is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Teaysguy from Love the added Direct Grill Option..... So, I was able to use my SGX last night for the first time as an actual grill. I cranked it up to high heat and waited for it to get over 400* and pulled the slide to uncover the Burn Pot and threw some strips on. I was also using the Cast Iron Grates that Camp Chef Sells to replace my left 2 grates that came with the smoker. I think this also made a world of difference. The sear marks were easy to obtain and the steak cooked perfectly. I love a good Reverse Sear steak but every now and then when in a hurry I like to just throw it on for a good Black and Blue or Rare Steak. This thing came out great. I can't wait to throw a ton of meat on this thing over time.
Date published: 2018-02-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by David F from Best grill I've ever owned From burn in to shut down I had zero issues. Best tasting pork butt I have ever made. Instructions were thorough and after doing initial burn in and startup, everything else seemed intuitive. Really small learning curve. Couldn't recommend this enough!
Date published: 2018-03-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by bertstime from Love the features Replaced my traeger with the SmokerPro and no regrets. Added the sear box and my family says the reverse sear steaks are the best I have ever made.
Date published: 2018-04-16
What are the dimensions of the cooking surfaces in W''xD"?
The dimensions for the cooking grate is 19.5x34.
Date published: 2018-04-09
Difference between SGX and LUX?
The LUX has a bottom shelf. The SGX has the slide and grill technology, also it comes with two meat probes.
Date published: 2018-04-23
Can the jerky grill fit in smoke pro sgx
Yes the controller is PID. it has an integrated internal temp probe in the grill and 2 meat probe ports. 2 probes come with the SGX. The PID controls internal temp and has multiple settings for desired temp and smoke with a digital display as well as a shutdown setting.
Date published: 2018-04-02
Do you have a cover that fits the SGX if I add the sear box? Would it be the same cover?
I do not have the sear box but I do have the shelf attached that comes with it. The shelf is mounted in the same place as the sear box. You will have to remove the shelf. There is little difference in the widths of either. The bottom of the camp shelf grill cover is elastic and there is more than enough room for the sear box.
Date published: 2018-04-23
How much of a mess will be caused by the "Grooved" drip tray?
The drip trays slots have an incline going up to the slot. I'm not talking about the big incline on top of the slots but a smaller incline going backward and up into the slot. This will most assuredly reduce or eliminate dripping into the bottom of the grill. On my first cook of 4 pork butts, about 35 lbs pre cook weight, I had approximately .25 oz of "drippage" in the bottom. It was negligible and extremely easy to clean out. The tray works great!
Date published: 2018-03-22
do they make this smoker in a bigger size as well
Hello, Thank you for your question, this model the SGX is our big 36'' model. If you have any other questions let us know..
Date published: 2018-03-11
How does this compare to my pitboss with the same slide feature and does the slide start to jam up like my pitboss does?
As of today I have grilled on this thing probably 10 times. I have 0 issues moving the burn pot cover back and forth when changing from smoking to grilling. I think this was very well built and will last. I'll update if I have any issues in the future.
Date published: 2018-03-22
1. do you have cast iron grates for SmokPro 36? 2. can you put the sear box on the SmokPro 36? 3. do you make a a bottom shelf for the SmokPro 36? 4. do you make a front shelf for the dSmokPro 36? 5. can you get the 22 pound hopper on SmokPro 36?
1. The cast iron grates in the accessories section fit the SP 36 2. This question was answered above and yes the sear box fits. 3. Not sure but since it isn't in the accessories section I doubt it. 4. The 36" shelf in the accessories section does fit. 5. From my questions direct with CC, it does not come with a 22lb hopper and is not an option either. Although I cant get an answer why this is, there has to be a reason. Maybe cost factor?
Date published: 2018-04-13
RELATED BLOG POSTS