A very robust, well built stove. Everything from the door hinges and latch to the side racks, the hot water heater brackets to the included stove pipe and damper are all very well built and effective... Show More.._x000D_ _x000D_ I'm using mine in a semi-permanent application for warmth, cooking and water heating. The lengthwise cross-draft of this stove makes it very efficient due to its ability to completely burn larger logs. Throttle the intake and damper and I can make even fast-burning olive wood last a long time._x000D_ _x000D_ Can't comment on mobile applications - it might be a little heavy for that but I'm a wimp._x000D_ _x000D_ That said - I don't see how you could build such a robust stove any lighter than it is. As the saying goes: everything is a compromise.
Whether you are an outfitter or just a lover of wall tent camping, you will be hard pressed to find a wood burning stove that has the value added features of the Alpine Heavy Duty Cylinder Stove. There is no fiddling around after the purchase trying to find a damper, internal log grate, spark arrestor, or accessory shelves. These items in addition to a five piece nesting pipe are included with our Alpine Stove package.
Each component is designed to fit inside the stove, along with the removable legs, for easy storage and transport. We have even drilled the hole for you for installing your pipe damper. A roomy cook top and door damper makes it easy to control the heat for cooking chores. If you need more hot water the stove has been designed to take a standard wood stove water heater and it will also nest inside.
- Wire form shelf/drying rack
- Adjustable legs for uneven ground
- All parts store neatly inside stove for easy transportation
- Features water tank brackets (tank sold separately)
- 10 ft. chimney height with 6” diameter tapering to 5” pipe hole
- Chimney damper & spark arrestor
- Door damper and fire grate for efficient burning
- Heavy duty steel construction
- 20" x 7" multipurpose shelf/drying racks that can dry clothes, dishes or store items
- Flat top surface provides an area to cook on
- Made with 10 and 12 gauge steel
- Stove Dimensions: 20" W x 24" D x 22 1/2" H
- Shelf/Drying Rack Dimensions: 22" x 7"
- 5" diameter, 10 ft. chimney pipe
- Total Weight: 74 lbs.
RELATED BLOG POSTS
This was the final of four sets like this. Pushing 50 pounds of grind (pick up a bag of dog food next time your in a store and you'll get it). A combination of mostly elk, deer then a bit of antelope, strung out with four pounds of bacon ends mixed in.
Several times a year, Tommy Gomes of Catalina Offshore Products gets some of the best chefs of the region, and puts on an event like none other.
Taylor Boyd, of Snowboard, packs up his gear, gathers his friends, and hits the road for quite the roadtrip.