The Smoke Vault 18" is a great smoker and excellent add to any patio/outdoor kitchen. My first major project was an apple wood smoked ham, with pineapple maple glaze, green bean casserole, and a... Show More.pple galette. Yes all cooked in the smoke vault. The smoking of the ham happened first, followed by finishing it in the Smoke Vault along with the beans, then the pie. The trick to the pie was to use the Camp Chef cast iron pie pan. Second was BBQ'd Chicken legs (thigh and drum stick) with a blue berry pie. Again all low and slow. Pie goes on top, and finishing the chicken by raising the temp to 300F at the end to crisp up the skin a little more. Use the Camp Chef pie pan again for a perfect pie. Camp Chef these products are outstanding. Would have loved to get the sausage hooks which seem to be discontinued.
Infuse your meats with delicious mesquite, hickory or any other smoked flavor with the Smoke Vault 18”. This simple system will empower your food with the most appetizing smoked tastes that can’t be experienced any other way. Use the Smoke Vault for a variety of foods from ribs, to salmon and even baked pies or breads. Fully adjustable heat control heat-control dials, three damper valves, and a door thermometer will help you control internal temperatures. Cooking temperatures can vary from 160° F to 400° F. The heavy-gauge steel wood chip tray and water pan create smoke and keep your meats moist. If smoking meats is a new way of cooking to you there is no need to worry; cooking tips, ideas, and recipes are included with this smoker to help you get started. Use the Smoke Vault to lock in your favorite flavors.
- Two adjustable smoking racks
- One jerky smoking rack
- Water pan
- Heavy gauge steel wood chip tray
- Removable porcelain base tray for easy clean up
- Three adjustable damper valves; one on top and one on each side
- Easy to read door thermometer from 50 to 400 degrees
- Convenient matchless snap-ignition
- Cooking tips, ideas, and recipes included
- Protected burner drum for maximum heat control
- Body Dimensions (w/out legs): 18" W x 16" D x 30" H
- Total Height (with legs): 44"
- Door Dimensions: 16" W x 28" H
- Cooking Racks Dimensions: 15" W x 14" D
- Total Output: 18,000 BTU/hr
- Maximum Temperature Reading: 400 degrees
- Shipping Dimensions: 19" x 17.5" x 30.5"
- Weight: 65 lbs.
RELATED BLOG POSTS
For years, the main focus of Covey Rise has been celebrating "the lifestyle of the upland sporting enthusiast". Most recently, Covey Rise writer Miles Demott and photographer Terry Allen spent some time with Scott Leysath, The Sporting Chef. Click an image below to read the article 'Sporting Skill' and be sure and get the full April/May issue of Covey Rise.
The April/May issue of Petersen's Hunting highlights many products. One of which is the Stryker Stove and the available four-piece cook set. The Stryker Stove is light-weight, weighing in at 18.3 ounces, is compact, and powerful. With a matchless ignition it is a must-have for the avid outdoorsman.
Three days. 11 teams. Nearly 100 recipes. Hundreds of pounds of cast iron. And only one champion.