I’ve never been a huge fan of baked beans until I tried this recipe. These are the BEST baked beans ever! I got this recipe from a family friend a few years back and it is now a requested favorite at every event. This recipe makes a TON, so I always freeze half for a later date if it’s just my small family of four. There are a lot of different options you can add to this, like diced bell peppers would be really yummy. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 8 tsp. liquid smoke OR burnt ends off smoked Ribs or brisket!
- 1 TBS Pepper
- 1 TBS salt
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar (I use 1 cup because I don’t like mine super sweet)
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 TBS mustard
- 1 package bacon – cooked & chopped
- (7) 15 oz. cans of Ranch Style Beans
- Cook: Meat, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, and onions.
- Mix: Ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.
- Add the cooked bacon, beans, ketchup mixture to the meat mixture in our large Camp Chef 12″ Cast Iron Pot. (This is a great Cast Iron Pot. It can be used on a stove outside, in your home oven, or on the stove top. It’s a great piece of cookware!)
- Let simmer for about 30 minutes or until the beans are warmed all the way through.
Serve with your favorite main dish or enjoy it by itself!