Happy Halloween!! It’s time for the last Wretched Recipe of the year! This one just sounded gross. The ingredients were nothing to unusual, but pudding? Noodles? Not sure the reason for this one. It takes a long time to cook (1 hour) and most casseroles take about 20-30 minutes. I just don’t know.
- 1 c. dried macaroni, cooked and chopped up (or you could use whatever pasta you like)
- 1 c. cream
- 1 c. soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 large can chopped pimiento
- 1 T. parsley
- 1 t. onion juice (I grated onions to get some juice)
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 with a large pan half full of water.
- Grease a form lined with buttered paper (I used my bundt pan again!).
- Heat cream and pour over bread crumbs.
- Mix butter, pimiento, parsley, seasonings, cheese and well beated egg yolks.
- Mix into bread crumbs and add macaroni. Then beat egg whites until stiff and fold into macaroni mixture.
- Pour into greased pan and place in a pan of hot water in the oven.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour.
Here it is before cooking:
Wretched Rating: 2 The jury is still out. It was eatable, just so strange that it would have to be steamed. Can’t figure it out. I think people would eat this, but maybe without the red chunks. A good meatless dish for those interested in that. Make it if you dare. Bwahahahahah.