I know you guys like to grill meat. And lucky for you, us ladies like to eat it! However a word of caution: Carnivores, don’t forget us omnivores. I know I can’t speak for all mothers, but I do like something vegetable related with my meat.
Fear not Grill Master, this recipe won’t tear you away from your fire. I have a quick and impressive vegetable to share with you and the ladies will swoon!
- 2 summer squash (either zucchini or yellow squash)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1-2 t. seasoned salt (or garlic salt or other delicious seasoning**)
- Preheat your grill to medium low or grill pan on medium high heat.
- While the pan is preheating, slice the top and the bottom of the squash.
- Stand it upright and slice into long strips (about 1/4 inch wide).
- Place in a bowl with olive oil, and seasonings.
- Using tongs, lay the strips on the hot grill pan.
- Grill until you can see visible grill marks on the squash and then flip (this is the impressive part, don’t rush it). When you have grill marks on both sides, remove to a platter and serve.
**In a pinch you could even use a little bit if dry italian dressing mix.