When we asked the employees what they would like for Valentine’s Day dinner, the most requested thing was BBQ ribs, a potato of some kind, bread and another side. The vote was that the Product Engineers choice was the best dinner here at Camp Chef, so we thought we would cook it up and share it with you all. This was all made in our cast iron cookware and it cooked to perfection!
Here’s the menu:
- Salad with Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing
- BBQ Ribs – Used the new Explorer 3X and the Professional Grill Box 30.
- Twice Baked Potatoes – Baked on top of the Explorer 3X, low heat setting, in theSquare Dutch Oven.
- Smokey Western Baked Beans – Cooked on top of the Explorer 3X in a 12″ Cast Iron Pot.
- Corn Bread – Make as package suggested, and then used our Cast Iron Corn Bread Slice Pan in the home oven.
- Apple Crisp – Baked in the home oven in the Cast Iron Pie Pan.
Best BBQ Ribs – Placed the ribs on tin foil, lathered them with BBQ sauce, wrapped the tin foil around the ribs, place them on the BBQ grill box, on low heat setting (275 degrees) for 3 hours. After the 3 hours are up, remove the ribs from the tin foil. Turn the grill up to medium heat setting so it can reach 350 degrees, and then grill the ribs for 5 minutes, each side, then serve.
Twice Baked Potatoes – Use fork to poke holes in the potatoes. Bake potatoes at 400 for 1 hour. Remove from oven, cut in half, and then use a spoon to remove the inside of the potatoes into a bowl. Add sour cream, green onions, splash of milk and shredded cheddar cheese to potatoes. Mash together and then fill the skins back with potato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, onions and bacon bits. Bake at 350 degrees, in our 13” Square Dutch Oven, for another 10-15 minutes.
How cool is it to make a whole dinner using Cast Iron!