Happy May! Here is the recipe book I have been looking through lately:
I don’t know if you think this is as cool as I do! It is so cute!!
I found a recipe for Victory Muffins. I am sure that you could figure out the real reason why these are victory, but once you see these ingredients, you can see why I think it is just a little funny!
I think these muffins tasted great. Usually bran muffins get a bad rap, but these were really good. The batter was really thick and I was worried that they would be dry and crumbly, but they had a surprisingly nice texture…think homemade wheat bread. And I did the math and each one has 70 calories. For a muffin that is amazing. I hope you enjoy them like I have (oh, and my 5 year old liked them too!!)
- 2 T. butter
- 1 egg
- 1 C. All-Bran
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 c. flour
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat shortening and egg together.
- Add All Bran and milk and let sit at least 20 minutes (this can be done the night before and let rest in the fridge)
- Sift rest of ingredients and add to wet mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Put in greased (or papered) muffin tin. (it will be about 2 1/2 T. of dough). Pat down with wet fingertips.
- Place in oven and cook about 15 minutes.
I am even thinking of making a lo-cal chocolate chip cookie out of this recipe. I will keep you *posted*!