So, if you read my post about the Victory Muffins, this is a slight adjustment. The slight part being adding chocolate! The flavor is so mild, that it really lends well to a cookie. The texture is a bit cakey, but I was so pleased with the results! I feel victorious!!! I hope you like them as much as I (and my kids) do!
PS The picture is not a good one, so please try these in spite of the pic!!
Victory Choc-Chip Cookies
- 2 T. butter
- 1 egg
- 1 C. All-Bran
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 c. flour
- 2 1/2 t. baking poweder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat shortening and egg together.
- Add All Bran and milk and let sit at least 20 minutes (this can be done the night before and let rest in the fridge)
- Sift rest of ingredients and add to wet mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in.
- With a 2 T scoop, place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Lightly press each cookie down (you may need to wet your fingertips) and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
They will be very puffy and light, but a GREAT substitute for a regular chocolate chip cookie! (and only 80 calories per cookie!)