Avocados are a favorite of many, for good reason, but I would dare bet that not many have ever had them grilled. This is a recipe that a friend of mine came across while touring the country and tailgating at every NFL stadium along the way. You could say that it’s been tested and proven worthy of it’s lofty status among blacktop foodies, I am sure it will find favor with you as well.
It’s a very simple recipe, which just adds to the reason it should be on everyone’s “go-to” recipe list. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a little prep time and a good grill. Here it is:
- 4 Hass Avocados, halved
- 1 bag of blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Corn Salsa Recipe:
- 8 oz whole corn, strained
- 8 oz black beans, strained
- 1 med tomato, diced
- 1/2 med white onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove pits from avocados and brush first with lemon juice, then extra virgin olive oil.
- Place avocados skin side down on grill for 2 minutes, turn and grill for 2 more minutes.
- With a spatula, carefully remove avocados from grill and spoon salsa into seed pits.
Stick a chip in avocado and serve! Serves 8