Ok, truth time. Even after cooking this recipe, I am still not sure how to define a torte. It is almost like a pie, but not quite as much crust. I guess it is a tart! Oh, Martha, I need to text you right about now! I do like them, sam I am!! It made the blueberries retain their fresh tart flavor and also their shape. It turned out great!
Here is the base. You will need to make this the night before! Making it is easy, but pronouncing the name is not. Good luck!
- 1/4 c. butter, room temp.
- 1 c. flour
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 t. salt
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolk, salt and flour.
- Pat and press into a springform pan (pretty thin) and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- 1 recipe Muerbe Teig (chilled the night before)
- 3 T. bread crumbs
- 4 c. blueberries
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 T. cream
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- Sprinkle Muerbe Teig with bread crumbs add blueberries, sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Over all drip the egg yolk beaten with the cream.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 and bake until crust is well browned (about 30 minutes).
- When done, whip egg whites until stiff and slowly add powdered sugar and beat until well mixed.
- Spread over torte and bake 15 minutes at 300.
- Let cool and cut into slices.