I have really been craving cookies. It is almost unnatural. At least I won’t let my gym membership lapse! So, I wanted some cookies that would satisfy me, and yet I wouldn’t feel the need to consume massive amounts! So, I add raisins to them! BUT I didn;t have any raisins, so I added craisins. I don’t think the 40′s housewife had these, but I bet she would have liked them! No offense, but craisins are 100% better than their forefathers (in my humble opinion).
Here is the recipe that I found:
These cookies are good, but VERY cake like. Not what you would expect a chocolate chip cookie texture, but almost like a muffin top. Moist and pretty good. I left out most of the spices, but left a few in. I personally would leave them out altogether, but if you are a cinnamony person, the spice will be perfect for you!
- 1 c. craisin (or raisins)
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 c. quick oatmeal
- 6 T. craisin liquid
- 1-2 c. chocolate chips
- Cook craisins in boiling water to cover for 5 minutes.
- Drain and reserve 6 T. of liquid (add water to equal 6 T if necessary).
- Cream butter and sugar until light colored.
- Add eggs and beat until it gets fluffy…it will! Stir all dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture alternately with raisin liquid.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookie no longer looks wet on the top.