I wanted a salad and decided to try another retro version. Definitely not the ranch laden salad I usually eat, but this was pretty good. It was almost like a 3 bean salad, but not as sweet. It also reminded me a bit of my friends home canned beans (to.die.for.). I think this is a really fun salad. It would be fun to make at a retro dinner party! Or, you could make it for your grandma!!
I updated it a bit from the original to suit my tastes, but you can always add or take away from the original and make it your own!
- 1 c. green beans (I used canned)
- 1/2 c. chopped green peppers
- 1/2 c. seeded and diced cucumbers
- 1 c. carrot strips (or your can grate your own…I buy them!)
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1/2 c. french dressing (recipe below)
- 3 c. romaine lettuce
- Place first 6 ingredients in a mason jar (quart size).
- Shake to coat and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (turning upside down for 1/2 the time).
- When ready to serve, mix all with lettuce and serve! (I add baby carrots because we love them a LOT!)
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. smoked paprika
- 2 T. vinegar
- 6 T. olive oil
- Mix ingredients for dressing in order given.
- Shake well.