Are you excited about the Royal Wedding coming up?! I didn’t think I was, but watching TV lately, I don’t think you can help but be excited!
In honor of the blessed event, Retro Recipes, will be doing a special “royal” feature. We will feature 3 “royal” recipes leading up to the big day! We will even be making a Royal Wedding Cake! I am so excited to share that one with you!
To start off today’s recipe will be for “Royal Fans”. And if you don’t believe that that is the REAL name of the recipe, just take a look (under the main recipe):
So freaking cool! And they taste really really good (especially with a diet coke. I mean, come on, we have to watch our calories *wink*wink) Make some for the big day, all you “fans” out there!!
- 1 c. butter (do not wash as the retro recipe indicates! Not necessary)
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- Cream sugar and butter together.
- Add flour sifted with salt and baking powder.
- Roll 1/3 inch thick (Mine were much thinner).
- Cut with a biscuit cutter, then quarter and mark with the back of a knife like a fan.
- Brush with egg yolk mixed with 2 T. water.
- Bake at 250 for 15-25 minutes depending on how thick your cookies are.
Here’s how I cut them out: