The Sporting Chef, Scott Leysath shows us how to grill shrimp and scallops like a true chef. He cooks them in a square cast iron skillet and traditional skillet in this quick video. Try it at your next gathering, its not as difficult as you may think!
Food you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- High Mountain Fish Seasoning (or your favorite fish seasoning)
- Fresh chopped garlic
- Pickled ginger (substitute fresh ginger)
- Lemons and Limes for zest and juice
- Balsamic rice vinegar
- Fresh oregano
A few tips:
- Shrimp doesn’t take long to cook a couple of minutes on one side and less on the other
- It is done when it turns pink
- If it is rubbery or chewy, it’s overcooked
- Cast iron cooks fish really well with its natural non-stick properties
Better known as The Sporting Chef, Scott Leysath is a leading authority on the proper preparation of fish and game. He is the author of two “The Sporting Chef’s Wild Game Recipes” cookbooks. He is also the cooking editor of the Ducks Unlimited Magazine and writes for a number of other publications like California Waterfowl Magazine, South Carolina Waterfowl Association’s Waterfowl and Wetlands and Cooking Wild Magazine. Leysath also hosts “Dead Meat” and “Hunt, Fish, Cook” on Sportsman Channel.
Check back to our blog for other exciting information, more recipes and new Camp Chef products. Also, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for future episodes featuring Sporting Chef, Scott Leysath.