This is an easy, healthy and pretty easy recipe for the new year. It requires just a few ingredients and some patience. Even the ingredients are a bit negotiable. Have no baby carrots? Cut up a few larger carrots. No butter? Substitute margarine or olive oil. Add whatever seasonings you have on hand or what sounds good. Add this side dish to your next meal!
- 1 pkg. baby carrots (or enough cut carrots to make a single layer in your skillet)
- 3 T. butter
- 1/2 c. water
- Salt and pepper
- Seasoning options (pick one or just stick with salt and pepper):
- 1 t. dill weed
- 1/4 t. curry powder
- 1/2 t. garlic salt
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and 1 T. butter; stir 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, stir gently and cover with foil (no need to crimp the edges too tight).
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 15 minutes.
- Lift foil and stir. Cover again and let cook another 10 minutes.
- Take the foil off and cook until water is evaporated.
- Add remaining butter and season with seasonings.
The carrots should be slightly glazed.
|Just fyi, here are the carrots with all the liquid||And this is what it should look like halfway through|