Recipe By: RD H.
Title: Bacon Bonanza
A staple food item of game day watching is none else than a solid, good tasting, chip dip. The good, or bad thing, is that there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of different chip dips. However, this one rises above a lot of them. Why you ask? Well, for one thing, it has bacon. That right there puts it well above many dips out there. Secondly, it just tastes down right good. Pan fried bacon mixed with melted cheese, jalapeño peppers...you really can't go wrong. We hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. And the best part, it doesn't take long to make.
- 1 package of 16 oz. smoked bacon
- 32 oz. package of Velveeta cheese
- 8 oz. package of garlic cream cheese
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 green onions
1. Pan fry the bacon till it is extra crispy. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
2. Dice peppers and tomatoes then flash cook in bacon grease.
3. Towel dry and let bacon, peppers, and tomatoes cool.
4. Place Velveeta cheese and cream cheese in pan, turn it to medium-low heat until cheese is melted.
*If you're not able to find garlic cream cheese, you can mix in a little bit of garlic seasoning. We used our 10" cast iron pot to melt the cheese and keep it warm till serving.
5. Once the cheese is melted, turn to a simmer and begin dicing the green onions
6. Mix in bacon and pepper/tomatoe mix before you serve and sprinkle green onions on top.
*Mixing the bacon in can make it a bit chewy. To avoid this, you can add it on top with the green onions to keep it nice and crispy.
Lastly, grab your favorite chips and enjoy.