By: Andrea H., Kati R., Julie C.
My favorite part about the big game this weekend is snacking before, during, and after the game. One appetizer that always hits the spot is chips and dips. At Camp Chef we decided to share 3 of our favorite dip recipes that will surely be a hit at your game day party.
8 Layer Taco Dip
This most requested dip is an all-time favorite at all of our big get togethers. All of the ingredients combined together, with the crisp shredded lettuce on top, makes this appetizer absolutely amazing. It is like a little mini taco in every bite! Feel free to add or remove whatever fits your taste buds! Enjoy!
- 1 Large Can of Refried Beans
- 16 Ounces Sour Cream
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 16 Ounces Zesty Guacamole
- 1 24 oz Jar of Salsa (Mild, Medium, or Hot)
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 1 Small Bag of Shredded Lettuce
- 1 Medium Can of Black Olives-Sliced
- Spread the refried beans into a 9 X 13 baking dish, using a spatula (or I like to use the bottom portion of my broiler pan so it is a little bigger).
- Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning together, and spread over the refried beans.
- Continue layering with the guacamole, salsa, & shredded cheese.
- Chop the green onions, and sprinkle them on top of the cheese.
- For the last layer, sprinkle shredded lettuce and sliced olives on top of the cheese. Serve with tortilla chips & enjoy!
Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip adds the perfect zing to any Super Bowl party. The spiciness of the buffalo sauce combined with the mildness of the chicken and cheese makes the perfect combination. This dip will surely be a hit, and leave your guests wanting more!
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ Cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- ½ Cup Buffalo Sauce
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Cans of Chicken Breast in Water (Drained and separated into small pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the cream cheese into a deep baking dish (I used the Cast Iron Pie Pan), and place in the preheated oven. Once the cream cheese is heated through, remove, and stir until smooth.
- Add the ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, and mozzarella cheese to the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth. Stir in the chicken.
Bake 20 minutes or until the mixture is heated through. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies. You can also use the mix in a tortilla and roll it up. Enjoy!
Jack’s Chip Dip
This dip is absolutely delicious. You can make it as hot or as mild as you would like, depending on your taste buds. This dip can be served with crackers, chips, and veggies. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
- 6 Green Onions
- ¼ – ½ Cup Milk
- Tabasco Sauce to Taste
- Mix cream cheese and green onions together.
- Slowly add in the milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Add tabasco sauce to taste (I like quite a bit, probably 2-3 Tablespoons).