When disaster strikes you may have only a few minutes to get to safety. Those few minutes are critical to get your family and yourself to safety. In the wake of a disaster it can be hours, days, or even weeks before you can return back to your normal way of life. A good 72-hour kit has many essential items. One of those items needs to be a way to boil water and prepared food among others.
In support of National Emergency Preparedness Month, we’ve put together a list of Camp Chef gear that our fans say are best to have in the event of an emergency. Here they are!
Mountain Series Summit Solar Lantern – Model Number: MSSL
The self-sustaining Solar Lantern converts light into power for charging modern smartphones and provides light when there isn’t any. Opening the lid exposes two solar panels that charge up internal batteries (included), which will power the LED lantern. Great for emergency kits, camping, boating, at the cabin, and to keep in car emergency kits.
- Two charging options
- Dual array solar panel charging system
- AC power charger
- Internal rechargeable batteries
- 8 LED lantern lights
- On/Off switch fully adjusts brightness
- Charging station for smartphones and mp3’s
- Lightweight, durable, easy to use, and safe for children
- Up to 10 hours of LED use off of a full charge
- 2.2 Watt dual array solar panel
- 110V/220V AC charger for wall use
- 5 – 1.2 V rechargeable batteries
- 8 LED lantern lights (100,000 hour life)
72-Hour Emergency Kit – Model Number: EB72
Next time there’s an emergency, the Camp Chef 72-Hour Emergency Kit will have you covered. This all-inclusive kit has just about eveything your family will need* in an unforeseen event.
A three-day supply of a variety of pre-packaged flavorful meals for a family of four. The kit includes Camp Chef’s reliable Butane single burner stove plus a 3 qt. pot with lid that doubles as a skillet so you can heat and boil water as well as cook other food items. Don’t get caught in an emergency unprepared, this kit is your back up and can be stored all together in a convenient carry bag. Great for emergency preparedness, camping, and backpacking.
Camp Chef Grab-n-Go Food Supply
Whoever said emergency prep food had to be bland? With this 72-hour emergency food kit you’ll find a wide variety of mouth-watering meal choices that are extremely easy to prepare and will restore much needed energy. Choose from Pasta Alfredo with Chicken, Cheesy Lasagna, or delicious Creamy Chicken wiht Vegetables and Pasta. It also includes delectable Apple Cinnamon Cereal, Noodles and Beef in Savory Mushroom Sauce, and Chili Mac with Beef.
* It is recommended that you also include water, lantern, fuel, and utensils with this kit.
Butane One Burner Stove – Model Number: BDZ138
Lightweight and extremely portable, the Butane One Burner stove delivers all you need for your backcountry expeditions. Powered by 8,000 BTU’s, this stove beats many indoor ranges for heat output making for efficient cooking in the most remote locations. Matchless ignition means you don’t have to worry about a way to light it, making it ideal for a 72-hr kit.
- 8,000 BTU burner
- Matchless ignition
- Fully adjustable heat-control dial
- Porcelain drip tray for easy clean-up
- Includes handy storage case
- Compact and lightweight
- Butane powered
- Dimensions: 12.5″ L x 14.5″ W x 3.75″ H
- Total Output: 8,000 BTU/hr
- Fuel: Butane
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Warranty: One Year
Explorer 60 - Model Number: EX60
Rely on the rugged Explorer to provide you with the cooking power you need. Two 30,000 BTU burners cook will provide you all the heat needed in dire situations. Durable, rugged steel design will last and cast aluminum burners resist rust while reducing weight. The burner drums focus heat upwards to give you more power. A three-sided windscreen will help protect your flame and radiate heat back to cook your food better. Legs adjust to accommodate uneven ground and remove for mobility and storage. Great for emergency preparedness.
- Two 30,000 BTU burners
- Three-sided windscreen
- Fully adjustable heat-control dials
- Regulator and 3 ft. hose included
- Removable legs for portability
- Cooking Dimensions: 14″ x 32″
- Cooking Area: 464 sq. in.
- Cooking Height: 29″
- Total Output: 60,000 BTU
- Weight: 31 lbs.
- Warranty: One Year
Grab-n-Go Food Supply – Model Number: WCC01-130
Simple – Cooks in the pouch. Just add boiling water.
Affordable – Buy in the bucket and save.
Easy to Prepare – Just add water right into the pouch.
Delicious and Nutritious jumbo servings – 20oz. high protein meal, more food when you need it most.
Extended Shelf Life – 7 year freshness guarantee
Lightweight and Compact.
- Creamy Chicken with Vegetables and Pasta – 6 servings (3 pouches)
- Noodles and Beef in Savory Mushroom Sauce – 6 servomgs (3 pouches)
- Cheesy Lasagna – 4 servings (2 pouches)
- Apple Cinnamon Cereal – 6 servings (3 pouches)
- Pasta Alfredo with Chicken – 4 servings (2 pouches)
- Chili Mac with Beef – 4 servings (2 pouches)
Sherpa Camp Table & Organizer – Model Number: MSTAB
The Sherpa table is the perfect way to keep your camp organized. A rollout aluminum tabletop attaches to the top of the frame and stows away in a side pouch when not in use. Four padded bags keep your gear in order and stow away inside, one is lined and can be used to keep your food warm, as a cooler, and even as a sink. So it’s safe to say that the Sherpa Camp Table has everything, including the kitchen sink.
The storage bags remove and the divider unzips so that you can customize your storage options. Unzip the bottom divider and you can store a Mtn. Series stove or Ranger stove inside, or remove the bags and unzip each divider and store a Portable Outdoor Oven inside.
- Versatile aluminum roll-top table
- 600 denier fabric
- 4 zippered compartment
- Side pouch for transportation of table top
- Padded carry handles for easy handling
- Telescoping aluminum legs
- Unzip the lower divider to accomodate a Mtn Series stove
- Blue organizer is lined for use as cooler or sink
- 15 3/4″ x 27″ x 18 1/4″ (with legs collapsed)
- Table height with legs extended – 28″
- Table top dimensions: 27″ x 17″
- Individual bag dimensions: 12″ x 11″ x 6 1/2″
Rainier Camper’s Combo – Model Number: MS2GG
Portable, lightweight, and compact. With the stove burner and a non-stick grill and griddle you’ll be able to fix any without extra gear needed. Plus, a single burner for boiling or warming water. The Rainier Combo stove is compact and versatile, and features a stainless steel drip tray that catches grease and makes clean up easy. The lid attaches to the foldable sides to create a windscreen to help protect your flame. It also has matchless ignition and and heat-control dials for more convenient cooking.
- One 10,000 BTU Burner*
- One 8,000 BTU Grill
- Non-stick coated aluminium grill and griddle included
- Three-sided wind barrier
- Matchless ignition
- Removable grease tray with grill for easy cleaning
- Stainless steel drip tray for easy cleaning
- Convenient carry handle
- Carry bag INCLUDED (propane not included)
- Regulator adapter for a 1-lb. propane cyclinder included (can be adapted for use with standard bulk tanks using HRDSP)
*actual burner BTU may vary between 10,000 and 12,00 BTU
- Dimensions: 13″ L x 23.5″ W x 5.75″ H
- Total Output: 18,000 BTU/hr
- Weight: 16 lbs.
- Warranty: One Year
Visit www.CampChef.com for more information.
Want more great information, recipes, and giveaways from Camp Chef? ‘Like’ us and follow us on our facebook page!