I am still debating if I was successful with this recipe or not! The sugar did some wierd things and I didn’t follow it exactly. I will share with you what I did, but stick with the original if you like it better!
These were pretty good! They would be awesome as a snack or even in a salad. And if you like cinnamon, please add more!
- 1 lb raw almonds
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. water
- Boil the sugar and water until thick and clear.
- Add almonds and stir until the nuts start to crackle.
- Reduce heat and stir until dry.
- Then continue to stir adding cinnamon, food coloring and enough water moisten and boil until it strings.
- Stir until thick and place almonds on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Let cool and while still warm, seperate into pieces or wait until cooled completely and seperate.
Add almonds, check…
Make sugared almonds look like almonds in enchilada sauce…check?
Maybe skip the red food coloring.