After the last recipe, I still had more bananas, so here is a fun non-retro bonus recipe, perfect for your next spring fling!
These are awesome and so beautiful, I HAD to include them. Hope you enjoy!
Caramel Banana Muffins
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil.
- Cool slightly.
- Beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag and drizzle over muffins.
Yield: 12 muffins.