Have you ever seen this pan?
This pan makes the greatest little breakfast treat ever!
The recipe I used is:
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk
- In a clean glass bowl beat the egg whites with a mixer until they hold stiff peaks
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, egg yolks, melted butter and butter milk until smooth. Then gently fold in the egg whites
- Place a small amount of cooking spray or vegetable oil in the bottom of each of the pan cups and then fill with 2 tablespoons of batter.
The first few tries it was a little harder than I thought but here are a few tips!
Once the batter starts to cook use a fork to slowly rotate the batter in the cup. They sure taste good if you fill them with jam or pie filling! I found that if you begin to cook the batter and then place the jam in the center and slowly press it into the batter it stays in the center and cooks evenly!
THE FINAL PRODUCT!
THE MORE I MAKE THEM THE BETTER THEY GET!