Sorry for all those who were excited, I am not departing as your “retro chef”, but I do have a departure from the “retro” aspect of my job! I recently made the best cookies and HAD to share! They are going to be perfect as spring starts to well, spring. These would be awesome at baby showers as they are light and women seem to really, really like them. What are they???? Wait no longer…
Easy-Peazy Lemon Squeezy Cookies
makes about 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 large egg
- Zest and juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 8 ounce container cool whip
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Mix the cake mix, egg and the lemon zest and juice until evenly distributed. The batter will be crumbly.
- Fold in the cool whip until well combined. It will be sticky.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Scoop the batter into desired size and roll in the confectioners’ sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
Here is what your finished batter will look like:
Here are the dough balls. Set they far apart, because they spread: