A very robust, well built stove. Everything from the door hinges and latch to the side racks, the hot water heater brackets to the included stove pipe and damper are all very well built and effective... Show More.._x000D_ _x000D_ I'm using mine in a semi-permanent application for warmth, cooking and water heating. The lengthwise cross-draft of this stove makes it very efficient due to its ability to completely burn larger logs. Throttle the intake and damper and I can make even fast-burning olive wood last a long time._x000D_ _x000D_ Can't comment on mobile applications - it might be a little heavy for that but I'm a wimp._x000D_ _x000D_ That said - I don't see how you could build such a robust stove any lighter than it is. As the saying goes: everything is a compromise.
Whether you are an outfitter or just a lover of wall tent camping, you will be hard pressed to find a wood burning stove that has the value added features of the Alpine Heavy Duty Cylinder Stove. There is no fiddling around after the purchase trying to find a damper, internal log grate, spark arrestor, or accessory shelves. These items in addition to a five piece nesting pipe are included with our Alpine Stove package.
Each component is designed to fit inside the stove, along with the removable legs, for easy storage and transport. We have even drilled the hole for you for installing your pipe damper. A roomy cook top and door damper makes it easy to control the heat for cooking chores. If you need more hot water the stove has been designed to take a standard wood stove water heater and it will also nest inside.
- Wire form shelf/drying rack
- Adjustable legs for uneven ground
- All parts store neatly inside stove for easy transportation
- Features water tank brackets (tank sold separately)
- 10 ft. chimney height with 6” diameter tapering to 5” pipe hole
- Chimney damper & spark arrestor
- Door damper and fire grate for efficient burning
- Heavy duty steel construction
- 20" x 7" multipurpose shelf/drying racks that can dry clothes, dishes or store items
- Flat top surface provides an area to cook on
- Made with 10 and 12 gauge steel
- Stove Dimensions: 20" W x 24" D x 22 1/2" H
- Shelf/Drying Rack Dimensions: 22" x 7"
- 5" diameter, 10 ft. chimney pipe
- Total Weight: 74 lbs.
RELATED BLOG POSTS
For years, the main focus of Covey Rise has been celebrating "the lifestyle of the upland sporting enthusiast". Most recently, Covey Rise writer Miles Demott and photographer Terry Allen spent some time with Scott Leysath, The Sporting Chef. Click an image below to read the article 'Sporting Skill' and be sure and get the full April/May issue of Covey Rise.
The April/May issue of Petersen's Hunting highlights many products. One of which is the Stryker Stove and the available four-piece cook set. The Stryker Stove is light-weight, weighing in at 18.3 ounces, is compact, and powerful. With a matchless ignition it is a must-have for the avid outdoorsman.
Three days. 11 teams. Nearly 100 recipes. Hundreds of pounds of cast iron. And only one champion.